You are here:
- Create Your Own Pe...
Create Your Own Pet Portrait with Sally Holt
This event is linked to:
RAMP (Real Art Make Print) resident artist Sally Holt will be teaching and supporting you in creating an acrylic portrait of your favourite pet.
What to expect?
- Two-day course, where you will practice drawing and painting of your pet!
- You will learn how to create an artwork using a loose framework to draw from a photograph (either digital or printed)
- You'll be given a pre-primed gesso board to complete your acrylic painting.
- You will aim to finish with a completed artwork showing off the personality of your pet and making their eyes come alive!
- You'll learn and practice classic drawing and painting techniques.
- All experience levels welcome
The first day of this course will focus on ‘Drawing Up’: a good drawing can make or break a portrait. It can also stand alone as a finished piece! With this in mind you will look closely at drawing techniques used to obtain the perfect structure that can either underpin your painting or add extra depth to your drawing.
The second day will be dedicated to deciding on the next stage of the painting, such as basics of colour blocking and choosing the right hues, tones and values. You will also you learn when to call a work “finished” .
What to bring:
We will be working from your chosen image. Either from an iPad or you can use a photograph at least 5” x 5”.
The animal’s eyes must be clear and in focus.
If you can please crop your image so that it is square. Ideally the head of the animal should take up most of the frame if planning to do a classic portrait.
The better the reference image – the better the painting.
Dates and times:
10am - 3pm Sunday 19th November
10am - 3pm Sunday 26th November
Sun 26 Nov
Create Your Own Pet Portrait with Sally HoltTime: 10:00am - 3:00pm Location: Ocean Studios, Factory Cooperage