Our May Good Food & Craft Market taking place on Sunday 5th May, will see the return of our Squiggly Wiggly Giant Squid and friends.
Running from 10am-3pm on the lawn, Main Street and into the Melville Building, the market attracts some of the region’s top artisan makers as well as the region’s finest food and drink producers and vendors.
Set to make a big splash this summer is one of Royal William Yard’s largest and most famous residents - the Squiggly Wiggly Giant Squid. Returning from deep in the ocean, to take pride of place on the lawn ready to once again entertain families and visitors.
To celebrate its arrival, children are invited to colour in their own underwater creations at the Guardhouse with illustrator and Squid Trail designer, Jack Viant.
It’s not just the Squid who is returning, but also its sea creature friends, who are hiding all around the Yard, waiting to be discovered. Visitors are tasked with the challenge of hunting them down by taking part in the Squid Trail, by simply picking up a free trail passport from Yard ambassadors and retailers. Once the squid’s six friends have been located, adventurers must make a note of the letter each creature is holding and use it to spell out a six-letter word.
On completion of the trail and armed with the six-letter word, participants can then make their way to retailers across the Yard to collect a free prize. Some Yard restaurants are also offering their own prizes, including:
• Wagamama: Free children’s meal for each completed trail passport
• Wildwood: Free children’s meal for each completed trail passport, with every adult
• Seco Lounge: Free lolly and sweets for each completed trail passport
• Prezzo: Free strawberry or raspberry iced fruit lolly for each completed trail passport
• Bistrot Pierre: Beach ball giveaway with each completed trail passport.
Happy hunting explorers!