You are here:
- Ashtanga Yoga
Ashtanga Yoga accessible to everyone in friendly, nurturing, authentic, inclusive, affordable classes, helping you to discover all the endless benefits to both mental and physical health of this very traditional and innately wise practice.
The focus on linking breath with movement as well as 'gaze points', means the senses are actively drawn inward allowing practitioners to move through the Ashtanga primary series with complete awareness and presence, transforming the physical practice into a 'moving meditation' allowing us to reach a deep state of concentration and cultivate an awareness of the subtlest physical and mental aspects of our being.
The Benefits of Ashtanga Yoga:
- Improve flexibility and posture
- Increase strength of bones, joints
- Increase muscle tone
- Improve cardiovascular fitness, lung efficiency
- Reduce body fat and increase metabolism
- Regulate blood pressure
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Increase focus and creativity
- Improve quality of sleep
- Increase happiness!